Old 06-10-17, 04:32 PM
Gusnova

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What is the deal.

Originally Posted by AlexCyclistRoch
Hello, Mr. Welder. Let me introduce myself; you can call me "Mr. Mechanical Engineer".

FWIW, I spent $250 on a nice used Cannondale, which had a nice wheelset, with 7-speed cogs. It weighs.....let me take it to the scale......21 lbs. How much does your Denali weigh? I'll wait for your answer later, but I'm betting it's in the neighborhood of 40 lbs.

So, you think that your frameset is "surprisingly good"? Well, for the price, maybe, but let ,me ask you; are the tubes seamed or seamless? Are they butted? Is there internal lugwork under those butt welds? Has it been annealed after welding? Do you even know which grade of aluminum it has (mine is 7075 with a T6 aging, BTW).

So, yes, you can buy a "good" wheelset for this bike, but the junky frame, and all the rest of the components will still be there. It's throwing good money after bad; it's trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear; it's penny-wise and pound-foolish; it may even be like bringing coal to Newcastle. Right now, the major value on your bike is the approximately $20 of aluminum that you'll get at a metal recycler. I doubt you could sell the rest for $10.

Don't waste your money on this bike (and, while I'm at it, "spended" is not a valid word).

Thank you, and have a nice day!
Well..Duh!!
I dont care about your bike. Whst matters is that you like it.
And i like my bike the way it is. If you think is worth 20 bucks, well....Duh!
Oviously is not your Bike. Is worthless to you. I am not planing to sell it. Want to keep it for ever😁😃.
And sometimes i fatfinger words when typing. Im sure you never make mistakes Mr.Engineer, ...now go look your sel in the mirror....Duh!