Old 06-13-17, 11:22 AM
robbyville

Bikes: Speedvagen Steel

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 248 Times in 156 Posts
Originally Posted by mpath
Still don't get the OP's premise. Like saying someone's fed up with leather shoes, period. Well, if they got cheap leather shoes, maybe. But how about some fine Italian leather?

I love my carbon bikes. Paid a pretty penny though. And I'm still eyeing a Speedvagen - steel - and a Passoni - titanium.
I've had plenty of steel and aluminum bikes, last 20 years plus have been carbon. I think it's funny how back in the late 80's early 90's it was all about how carbon was more comfortable and could take the road buzz off better than steel or oversized (at the time) aluminum. Now it's "Steel is real" again.

I've enjoyed and loved every bike I've owned, my current Domane is definitely the best riding bike I've ever had, which I'm sure is a combination of materials, specs, etc. Plus when I built it I had it down to just over 14lbs with pedals and bottle cages.

BUT, like you, I've been lusting for a Speedvagen for years, and I'm hoping to be able to pull the trigger potentially this year. I won't be buying a complete bike unfortunately but porting most of the parts over to the new frame and bars. I plan to keep the Domane frame though and slowly build it back up as funds allow.