View Single Post
Old 06-14-17, 01:56 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5766 Post(s)
Liked 2,538 Times in 1,404 Posts
IME, recovery rates are a function of how far you've fallen off your peak and your age.

In my 20's, could go all winter without touching the bike, suffer through a century ride in late March, and be good to go within a week or two.

These days at 67 it's hard enough maintaining condition, and recovering and improving is a slow process. I feel like a dried out rubber band where all the snap is gone.

But, on the bright side I find recovery to be somewhat proportional to condition, so while it may take a while to get to 20 miles, getting from 20 to 40 miles will be much faster (just not like when you were 20).

In your case, the good news is that the injury doesn't seem to be a limiting factor, and shouldn't be one going forward.

Hang in there, you'll be back to form this summer, ready to break something else.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.