View Single Post
Old 06-19-17, 08:05 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 652 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4719 Post(s)
Liked 3,034 Times in 1,874 Posts
Originally Posted by MIKE58
I knew Sandy, I rode with Eric, in training, this is how I managed to buy it. the bike was painted by Sandy after Eric rode it for a season, only because I hated that bright yellow. Cosmetic. Actually my paint job involved more than one color. I told Sandy I wanted cherry red to a c-pink. Use your imagination, it took Sandy 4 coats of paint and my wallet, lol. There was no restoration. The paint you see is the paint job done 30-32 years ago. I have only changed pads, and the traps for clipless for convenience and tune ups, and some reinforcement tape but most of it original. it has miles and miles on it, it isn't behind glass all day long. Glad to see all the curiosity. I wish you had seen it. You can call it a 2nd hand hand story but I was there. I also had a fixed wheel croco, purple, for the velodrome but i sold it years ago. I still have the bill...lol
Maybe restoration wasn't the most accurate choice of words but it definitely isn't "original" as you initially represented it on the forum and in the advertisement. "Original" means original condition of the bicycle, not to your ownership and it isn't even original to your ownership, since you authorized the repaint. I still have reservations about the prototype status due to your coyness and changing story.