Diffelarities

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Around the USA - doc photography expedition

Hey, guys!

I'll try to keep it short here

I'm an independent documentary photographer and photojournalist. I've finally made it to US and soon I'm starting a bicycle documentary photography expedition around the country - Diffelarities. I've spent almost 3 weeks in Washington, DC waiting for documents/gear/bike, and soon I'm good to go.

For more than 10 years I've been traveling around Russia documenting life of ordinary people in cities, small towns and villages, and now I'm going to cycle around the US to seek similarities and differences between the two countries through documentary photography.

I've made a number of expeditions in Russia as a part of a team and on my own, but this is going to be the first one made on a bike. You can learn more about the project, about me and to see some of my work here: diffelarities.com and alexanderaksakov.com.

On the way I'm going to visit as many American towns and cities as possible to document the lives of the people. So, I would like to ask you guys for some help: I will need advice/places to stay/locals-who-know-the-place on my way. I'm interested in almost everything connected to people's lives: interesting persons, events, parties, customs, habits, professions, weddings, cuisine, etc. In a word, I'd like to photograph everything connected to human nature - you name it. I don't know much about the country, and I don't have friends on my way, so any kind of help is appreciated. If you have a yard where I can set up a tent for a couple of days, if you know interesting people in your city/town, if you would like to show me some places, if you just want to meet and talk or if you have any questions, please, give me shout - diffelarities AT gmail.com or text me a message. (you can find phone# and the approximate route here: DIFFELARITIES)

Thanks for your attention. Peace!

Here some links to my accounts:
You can follow the journey here (diary and documentary photographs): https://www.instagram.com/diffelarities/
And here's my warmshowers account: https://www.warmshowers.org/user/146838

PS: Oh, if you by any chance have a job for me on the way - that would be awesome, too! I can photograph, design, can work as a loader/dishwasher/waiter/cleaner/whoeverelse This could help me to raise money to continue the trip. I'm a legal permanent resident with all the documents.

PPS: I'm not a communist and I didn't vote for Putin!

PPPS: Please, contact me via email/phone, cause I might not be able to reply here fast.

Last edited by Diffelarities; 06-19-17 at 01:02 PM.