Old 06-19-17, 04:04 PM
daviddavieboy

Bikes: I have a few

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked 209 Times in 104 Posts
Originally Posted by rydabent
There are so many posts on telling every one what they should ride, how they should ride, where they should ride, and what they should wear. This might be fine for the .00000000001% of the world population that are professional racers.

I am 78, am not nor ever was a professional racer. I am like everyone else that is not a professional racer. I ride for the FUN of it, and health benefits. I for instance ride a recumbent and a trike, because I can actually ride all day long, and have no pain. I ride at the cadence that feels right at the time. I do not wear a "kit", in fact on my bents I can wear a t-shirt, and inexpensive rugby shorts.

OTOH I really dont care if some cyclist want to imitate professional racers if they have the money.

The reason for this post is that if someone new to cycling come here for information, take with a grain of salt that to be a "cyclist" you have to be an imitation professional. Buy any type of bike you can afford, wear what you want, and ride it the way it pleases you. HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are absolutely correct. I am only 46 and have been serious about bicycles for over 30 of it. There is a retired fellow nearing your from europe that I cycle with who can out mile almost everyone in my area. On Sunday he did a leisurely 212 KM spin as he calls it(7642 KM, 66,813 m so far this year). He is the voice of reason in 2 of our cycling clubs and the first to turn around if someone falls behind and needs a hand or encouragement. I feel blessed to know him for his LOVE of the sport and his good natured approach in the face of 'the racers' attitude.