View Single Post
Old 06-19-17, 08:27 PM
eofelis 
The Rock Cycle

Bikes: Salsa Vaya Ti, Specialized Ruby, Gunnar Sport, Motobecane Fantom CXX, Jamis Dragon, Novara Randonee x2

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 6 Posts
I'm a bike commuter again!!

After almost 3 years of unemployment/underemployment (mostly unemployment) and have a regular full time job again. It's a somewhat cushy desk job, and it pays more than the last full time job I had (!). It's an easy 3 mile commute by bike. A little hilly but no big deal. It's on the 3rd floor of a big office building and no one has a problem with me bringing my bike in. I ride up on the elevator with it. Plenty of wall space in the small cube farm for bike parking.

This job's office will be moving in August to a new building right in downtown and it will be a 2 miles (at most) commute for me with no hills at all. The only problem is that they tell me that the lease on the new building says no bikes in the building. My bosses seem very supportive of my riding so I'm hoping they might be able to talk to the building owner to waive that rule. I really don't want to leave my nice commuter bike locked up outside. My Plan B is to get a $50 junker bike that can be left outside all day, just to make the trek (no pun intended) downtown and back. Heck, 2 miles is even easy walking distance. I may walk to work some days.

The mission of this company is energy savings. They crunch the numbers for utility use in schools and retail stores so the people running the buildings can see how they consume the energy and make changes to use less of it. I'm doing my part to walk the talk on saving some energy. When my co-workers saw my bike they started talking to me about bikes and some of them are starting to think about trying to ride to work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20170614_074235.jpg (97.1 KB, 163 views)
Novara Randonee x2
Motobecane Fantom CXX
Jamis Dakar XCR