Old 06-20-17, 09:16 PM
dunderhi

Bikes: Little Wing, XTRACK, Electron Pro, SuperCorsa, Paramount, & Thunderdrome

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fast4 50
I had this exact situation happen to me last week at the 7-11 track in Colorado Springs. I was the trailing rider, jumped, got to the sprinters lane first. The leading rider covered my move came down on top of me and forced me on to the blue band. I passed him (I was moving faster than him) came back on to the track and crossed the finish line first.

I was relegated. I guess the ref relegated me for passing on the blue band. I didn't agree but know enough that you can't win those arguments. I guess its a judgement call.

From my novice officiating POV (and former racer), passing on the blue is a big-time violation (it's also incredibly obvious) and you will get called every time no matter the circumstance. If the other rider violated the sprint lane and pushed you onto the blue band, then back off and protest - that is if they didn't already relegated the other rider.

BTW, I will be officiating for my fourth day of UCI competition this Friday and there will be sprints again, so I'll let you know if I hear anything different from the pros.