Old 06-21-17, 02:24 PM
msquared22

Bikes: Salsa Vaya X9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jean_TX
I feel your pain ...For years, I too searched for a saddle that would accommodate a woman's anatomy. I finally found one that was perfect for me (Selle Italia Diva Gel, without the open slot) and I loved is so much that I bought an extra one for that sad day when the cushioning gave out.

It might not be optimal to focus solely on Brooks saddles. Instead, I suggest you look for one that is wide enough for your "sit bones". Also, I suggest a saddle that is flat (both length wise and laterally). The flatness will allow your sit bones and the front of the pelvic bone to bear all the weight so that the "tender tissue" doesn't get compressed.

There is a forum for women (TeamEstrogen) that has a very extensive posting on saddles. It might have some helpful info for you.
Don't worry, I'm a little miffed at Brooks right now, so I'm staying away from their saddles for the time being! I may wind up trying a leather option eventually, but I don't think I'll go down that route unless I don't find anything else. I tried the Selle Italia Diva Gel, but found it too squishy for my tastes. I have two others that are nice and flat that worked well on some shorter rides...hoping to give them some good test rides over the weekend!

I'm a member at Team Estrogen and have been for years, but sadly the forum doesn't get much traffic anymore. Most of the saddle posts are pretty outdated these days. Is there a women's section around here?