View Single Post
Old 06-26-17, 04:46 AM
ruudlaff

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by jsk
Sorry, but if you're claiming that there's a 9s delay in getting data from the P1's, you need to back that up with facts. As far as I can determine it's just not true. As long as you ensure the pedals are awake, you won't be missing data from your standing start. Maybe you'd rather not have to deal with that step but for me it's a worthwhile trade-off for the other advantages of the pedals.

If you want to argue that SRM is the best option for measuring power on the track that's fine. I'll even agree with you.

But if you're arguing that anything less than an SRM you might as well just use HR and speed, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Except that I didn't say that. I said I understood the benefits of training and racing with power. I still have plenty to learn about the track, but my focus on the track will still be the endurance side of things, not sprint. So when it comes to using power to pace and judge interval workouts, or analyze race results, yes I expect there's some carryover even if there are differences.

OK, but the topic under discussion wasn't whether a power meter is worth it or not. The topic was whether there are any track-specific limitations of the P1 pedals and if so what are they. You seem to feel there are, but haven't given any compelling arguments to back up that position.

I don't know if there's been a misunderstanding or not, but one thing I will point out about my use of powertaps...there isn't missing information, but there is a definite lag between whats going through the pedals and whats shown on the screen. I would be surprised if it was as much as 9 seconds, but anywhere between 1-5 wouldn't surprise me.