View Single Post
Old 07-05-17, 03:39 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Tire: Schwalbe G-One Allaround (Evolution/MicroSkin/TL-Easy).Advertised Size: 35-622 (700 x 35C)
Actual Size: 38.1 mm actual width on American Classic 29" MTB Race wheels with 24mm inside width.
Tread: tiny dots, like on a ping pong paddle
Construction: 127 TPI, tubeless ready, folding bead
Performance on Pavement: Fast. Feels like a road tire.
Performance on Firm and Smooth Gravel: Fast.
Performance on Deep/Soft Dirt and Gravel: Tends to spin on loose surfaces due to lack of proper knobbies. Sand and mud can be troublesome.
Durablity: Wears fast. I don't think I'll get 1500 miles out of the rear tire but I'm not easy on them.
Ride: Coming from a road background and having ridden mostly clinchers such as Michelin Pro 4, Vittoria Rubino Pro and higher, etc., these tires impressed me. I was expecting them to be a lot worse on the road. A little more sluggish than a road tire due to the extra weight but good when paired with a light wheelset. They fly on packed dirt and smooth cross country running trails.

Initial install with tubes was difficult. Wheels and tires sat for a few weeks while the bike was assembled and subsequent setup tubeless was easy. I have a compressor and cannot comment on how they would install with a pump.

These have a great ride on pavement. I would recommend them for a roadie getting into gravel who is worried about poor traction or poor ride quality with gravel tires. Get these and don't worry about it.

-Tim-

Last edited by TimothyH; 07-05-17 at 03:46 PM.