View Single Post
Old 07-06-17, 02:04 PM
mwalsh5757

Bikes: His & Hers 1966 Schwinn Collegiates (Mom and Dad), 3 1998 GT Palomars (The Twins and the Red Headed Step)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
9 weeks in. Losing about 1/2lb per week.

9 weeks in as of today.

Although I don't generally do so, I did happen to step on the scale a few weeks ago and came in at 217.5lbs. Currently at 213.5lbs, so losing about a 1/2lb per week, which I think it pretty fair for only changing the way I exercise and not what I eat and drink so much.

I would like the rate of weight loss to be a little bit greater (closer to 1lb a week) so I'm going to try and make sure my morning treadmill work is always 55 minutes rather than 45-55, and I've upped my cycling from 7 miles to 8 miles. I'm actually hoping to make it 9 miles, but really have to watch how long I'm gone from the office at lunchtime. I'm also going to make a more concerted effort to carve out the extra 10 minutes in the morning I need for the erg, but that is always the easiest to justify as the thing I can't do, or don't have time for.

I happened to stop in the Doctor's office for a checkup this last week too, since I hadn't had one in a couple of years, and I appear to be firing on all cylinders. Always good to know when you're exerting yourself more than you have in a while. All she really had to chide me for was needing to lose weight and not coming in to see her more regularly.