View Single Post
Old 07-10-17, 10:21 AM
sykerocker 

Bikes: The keepers: 1958 Raleigh Lenton Grand Prix, 1968 Ranger, 1969 Magneet Sprint, 1971 Gitane Tour de France, 1973 Raleigh Tourist, 3 - 1986 Rossins, and a '77 PX-10 frame in process.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked 226 Times in 124 Posts
Originally Posted by 3speedslow View Post
Sounds interesting! Any idea of the GB model brakes? Waiting to read what the hubs are. If pics are possible, great!

Sounds like it has a mix between my 62 Gran Sport and early Rudge Rapide 10 speeds
Just cleaned the front caliper up. Model 88 according to what's stamped on the caliper arm.

Serial number will be checked once I at least get the wheels off the bike My restoration work is usually take one part at a time off the complete bike, clean it, bag it, put it in the hamper, then on to the next. This way I'm never flooded with a mass of dirty old parts all over the place. Will finish the brakes today, then the fenders come off, then the wheels. Have to set up my oxalic acid tray first.

The whole feel of the bike is early/mid-60's. The components are more modern than my Lenton, but still a bit primitive looking compared to the usual Bike Boom stuff.

“No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.”

H.L. Mencken, (1926)