Old 07-15-17, 11:32 AM
revchuck 
OMC

Bikes: Specialized Allez Sprint, Look 585, Specialized Allez Comp Race

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 49 Posts
So...my "retirement job" is working in an LBS that handles Specialized and Giant. I had ordered an Allez Sprint frameset in chameleon purple and have been putting money aside based on its availability date on the dealer's website, now early September. On that website, there's an icon that shows up next to any item your shop has backordered. I checked the website yesterday to see if Specialized had again pushed back the availability date, and, lo and behold, the icon was gone. My first thought was that someone had canceled the backorder, but no one had. I called the inside rep at Specialized and she checked, and told me that it hadn't been canceled but rather had shipped. So much for my budgeting.

To add insult to injury - literally - I'm the new owner of four stainless steel screws in my left femur and a walker, thanks to a small hole in the road that I hit just wrong while riding with sweat-soaked gloves on top of the hoods. So I get to hobble around building the bike which will take at least twice as long, and then get to look at it for a month or so before I can ride it.

#firstworldproblems

Demain, on roule!