Old 12-28-05, 07:07 AM
LowCel 
Throw the stick!!!!

Bikes: GMC Denali

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 31 Posts
oldcrank - I'm sure that you know much more than me about overall fitness but I have a question. Do you not think that people such as Morris, Friel, and Carmichael would know what they are talking about when it comes to cycling specific training? I'm not trying to be a smartass but I'm just curious why it seems that you think that the people that have trained some of the best cyclists in the world are wrong?

Personally I have a coach that bases his coaching methods on Joe Friel. He was coached by Joe Friel and went on to race on the pro circuit in places such as Denmark. He has also coached quite a few people with amazing results, one of which is a friend of mine that has worked his way up to Cat 1 in less than four years.

Right now I am in the process of starting up base 3. I hate this part, the ME (muscular endurance) phase. I have to do two sets of each of my weight exercises and 40 - 60 reps each set. I am doing knee extensions, hamstring curls, hip abductors, leg presses, seated rows, bench presses, tricep pulldowns, fly's, and calf raise. I am also doing my core exercises (lower back and abs).

Last edited by LowCel; 12-28-05 at 07:14 AM.