View Single Post
Old 07-16-17, 08:46 AM
rubm

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MMABear
A Roam 2 Disc is one of the 4 bikes I'm considering buying and would like to test ride. I'd love to hear your opinion on how it compares to the other 3.

Specialized- Crosstrail Disc
Trek- DS 2
Cannondale- Quick CX 4
I can't speak for the Cannondale and Specialized bikes as I have not looked into them due to their higher price points. But a couple wweek ago I tried the 2017 Trek DS2 and the 2017 Giant Roam 2; I ended up buying the Roam 2. These 2 bikes are comparable and have similar ride qualities. However on paper the Roam 2 appears to have better components in my opinion and the price point of Roam 2 is lower too. I was told that Giant has their very own bike factory in Taiwan. However Trek does not but Trek also manufactures in Taiwan.

Overall the Roam 2 is more bike for the money than DS2, but since it is not a big dollar difference it is up to you to try both and see which one seduces you more

I have been riding my 2017 Giant Roam 2 for a couple weeks and I am fully satisfied with its performance. I do road, unpaved trails, and occasionally some light Mountain Bike trails! I was told by the Giant store that the Roam is not suitable for Mountain biking and I should avoid it, however I just can't help it. Obviously I have to limit my speed going downhill in MTB trails and choose my path carefully to avoid large rocks and stumps, however I do no shy away from the very small jumps. So far I have not had any issues!

Good luck.