Bikes: Specialized Allez Sprint, Look 585, Specialized Allez Comp Race

Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TheKillerPenguin View Post
bro nooooooooooooo
Mais oui.

The upside of this is that it's given me a needed break from burrowing further down the rabbit hole that cycling is for me. For example, I'm currently working my way through a book of C. S. Lewis essays written during the WWII time frame. I'm also aggressively enlarging my music collection by hitting all the Goodwill stores and such in the area - I scored a double CD set of Julian Bream and John Williams in primo shape for $0.49 among other things.

Planning my return to form has been fun too. My annual trip to Tucson has been tentatively moved up to mid-November so I can do El Tour and that one-rep hill repeat that is Mt. Lemmon. Next year's goals involve lotsa miles combined with lotsa climbing, and now I'll be hungry for those winter base miles rather than kinda bored. I'm already looking forward to getting back on the trainer soon, and I avoid the trainer like the plague most years.

While this isn't the ideal way to take a break from the bike, I'm making some pretty decent lemonade from those lemons.

Demain, on roule!