Old 07-16-17, 09:09 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by Mtroup
I realize they weren't talking about site design, but you're so right about bike websites and their crappy site designs. The only folding bike sites I'd say are well-designed are Brompton and Tern. Dahon's site is a hot mess! I gave up even trying to make a build on Bike Friday's site after it just crashed over and over again. With so many bike purchasers not having a lbs that carries folders, this is a huge missed opportunity.
FWIW, I have zero problem using the builder @ Bike Friday's site (have you tried on another computer with a different browser?). Brompton's site is good as well. Dahon's site gives me a headache; it's not intuitive and I can never find the info I want (maybe they don't post it, who knows). Downtube's site is pretty simple and clear. As for the freewheel/cassette possible confusion, if you are buying a bike and not sure what it comes with, then you should ask. Inexperienced purchasers of low end bikes may not understand why it might be an issue, but they also are probably not going to attempt upgrades. If and when they decide they need something better, they'll get a better bike. On the plus side, it allows financiallly challenged folks the opportunity to get a first folder.