View Single Post
Old 07-17-17, 08:19 AM
IBOHUNT

Bikes: Motobecane Fantom Cross; Cannondale Supersix replaced the Giant TCR which came to an untimely death by truck

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 10 Posts
Church Creek 40K ITT or... It cannot get any flatter for 25 miles

I entered the CAT 5 category since that would put my start time last of all the team mates we had there; 4 women and another CAT5 men's racer who has managed to break the top 2 rules of TTs on 4 occasions... Never miss your start time.
2 of the women had never been in a race before and I want to make sure that all of them were sorted and felt as comfortable as they could be.

I made sure everybody had their numbers pinned on correctly, tires aired up and all of the other little things that sometimes get over looked and then herded the cats to the start line with plenty of time to let them know the wind conditions and what to expect.

My fitness isn't anywhere close to what it needed to be and I'd only been on the TT bike a few times since the late April accident. I was just using this as a test of where I was mentally and a true 60 min LP test.

I got passed by the guy that started 30 seconds behind me with 35K to go and took a mental note of... Wow! This is really going to suck but I just stuck to my number.

1:02 and down 6W from target later the job was done and I got the 3rd step... 3 minutes off my PR and 4 minutes and a bit off the top step which would have placed 10th in 55+; About what I had expected.

Of the 6 racers that the team had there, they took home 5 dust collector medals

3rd - CAT4 Women
2nd, 3rd, 4th - CAT5 Women
3rd - CAT5 Men

I promised @sarals this screen shot of my (lack of) pacing skills; Top is power and bottom is the power delta. The first drop out at ~19 minutes is the first corner. Some of the other drop outs are from the cross winds where it was an oh carp moment then others after the 50-minute mark where I had to cross the ground grooves that the highway department puts in to tell people when they are going off the road.