Old 07-19-17, 02:20 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Yup, great value in a AA powered light. Had one for about a year and a half. It mostly stays on my errand bike. Sometimes I'll take it as a backup on my other bikes. It's ideal for the MUP because of the tighter spot beam and small lens hood that minimizes overspill -- it's less likely to blind oncoming cyclists or pedestrians.

And I really like the Serfas mount. Very strong, versatile, doesn't demand as much finger strength as some rubber band mounts. On days when arthritis pain affects my hands I find it difficult to manage the stout rubber band on my Light & Motion headlight, but the Serfas uses a clever camming clamp with good mechanical advantage. I've mounted the Serfas SL-255 on my suspension forks, rigid forks, head tubes, and occasionally even the handlebar.

I wish they'd make a 500 lumen version with four AA batteries, somewhat broader beam and a slightly more prominent lens hood to minimize overspill. There are times I'd rather not mess with carrying a USB battery to recharge my L&M. Sometimes it's quicker and easier to swap AA batteries, which can be bought almost anywhere. And I use NiMH rechargeables most of the time.