Old 07-20-17, 06:57 AM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3233 Post(s)
Liked 2,512 Times in 1,510 Posts
This is the cycling organization in the area:

Richmond Area Bicycling Association ? When it comes to cycling, RABA has something for everyone?

If you look at their calendar, there is a Wed. night ride that is close to you called the Chesterfield County ride. I believe there is also a Thursday night ride that leaves out of an office complex across from St. Francis Hospital. I pass that one coming home from work. I think there are some rides in Pocahontas State Park as well.

Despite the heat, I have been seeing a lot of cyclists in the morning/evening along Courthouse, Lucks Lane and Charter Colony. More than the usual amount. These streets are some of the main cycling arteries south of the river. It might be because of the TDF.

Speaking again about the heat/humidity, it is supposed to be a rough weekend! MTT is putting up extra SAGs and making the routes up to maximize the shady streets around Richmond. They have also sent out extra emails about running in extreme conditions. We will be doing double digits from here on out until about 3 weeks before the Marathon in November. It is HTFU time! I can deal with it. I was raised in a town with some of the worst weather in the country. If you are into heat/suffering, they have a bike ride for you. The Hotter N Hell 100. A really desolate/boring route in the heat/wind. I don't understand why it is so popular.

Hotter'N Hell