10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1346 Post(s)
Liked 1,236 Times in 617 Posts
Originally Posted by cat0020
Anyone else ride the same mileage as their age on their birthday?

Since age of 15, I've been pedaling the same mileage as my age on my birthday.
The last decade or so, I ride the route that I have around my house near Valley Forge, PA near horse farm country where there is little traffic, plenty of open space and calm country roads to really soak in the experience, reminiscent the year gone past and think about the people/events that have influenced my life in the last year.

This year, since I'm stuck in NYC area for my birthday, I had to come up with a slightly different plan to my birthday ride. 40+ miles among three boroughs in NYC, crossing two landmark bridges, dodging heavy traffic in summer heat in the city.

Started out in Coney Island, following the Belt Pkwy up to the Verrazano Bridge with nice easy bike path with sea breeze..

You can see the Statue of Liberty among the boats in the water:

Cut into heart of Brooklyn in Prospect Park, where I get two flats from glass shards on the road:

Cross Manhattan Bridge from Brooklyn into Manhattan:

Had planned to stops and took pictures in Manhattan, but the traffic and heat really made it difficult.. Rode into Central Park and up to Harlem.. then cross the George Washington Bridge back into NJ:

Though it's been well over a year since I've lived within NYC vicinity, I can't get used to the hectic pace, tight living space and the constant noise.
Sure I can operate among them, but I think the older I get, I more I crave the quiet countryside, open space, fresh air..
Neato on the pics. Thanks