Old 08-01-17, 07:56 PM
DrIsotope
Non omnino gravis

Bikes: Nekobasu, Pandicorn, Lakitu

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4905 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 958 Posts
Tens of thousands of miles with tubeless, every single tire mounted with soapy water, never had a problem with a tire sticking. Three different rims, three different tires. Maybe an instance of too much soap? I use about 4oz of water in a small bowl with a single drop of Dawn dish soap in it. But in my guessing, it's either the rim, the tire, or some the combination of the two. My wholly subjective and jaded opinion would be to say it's the Schwalbes, because in my admittedly limited experience (less than 4,000 miles) their tubeless tires are garbage.

And for what feels like the millionth time, please, PLEASE, those without firsthand tubeless experience, please see yourselves out. You LITERALLY do not know what you're talking about. Experiencing a flat on tubeless is so exceptionally rare that worrying over it is a fruitless exercise. I've had to add air to a puncture ONCE... in well over 15,000 miles. I rotate the old emergency tube out of the saddlebag by giving it to people in need-- I've never needed it for myself, and very likely never will.