View Single Post
Old 08-04-17, 11:39 AM
CharlotteRaptor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Which e-mtb to get back in the groove?

Hey, Not sure if this is the right place to post this. I posted over on another forum as well to maximize the spamming quotient of my content.. lol.

I have done a LOT of reading and watching videos etc, and I might just be asking this to feel like I am getting some advice from those who might have experience, or maybe just to write my thoughts down and see if I have already made a decision while doing so.. lol.

I am looking for an e-mtb to do (in order or priority) 1) fitness riding for weight loss 2) Fun rides with the kids in greenways and parkways around the area and 3) Light trail riding. I don't want to be a jumping crazy speedster youngster, but would be fun to get out on some easy trails.

I have a couple options local, and one that I would have to order. They vary in price, but not enough that it will sway me completely, but is a factor. Looking for feedback on which way any of you guys went if you were looking at the same or similar bikes.

1) Specialized Turbo Levo Expert Demo - this is a demo from a shop around the corner from me. That is a huge consideration when it comes to maintaining the bike, however, comes with no warranty as it is not transferable. The bike is $4600 plus taxes etc. The battery size is about average and the brose motor seems half decently reliable.

2) Felt LEBOWSKe 10 - clearance unit from a shop about 30 minutes from me in the downtown area. Stil, good access to maintenance and warranty work if required. It's a fat bike with no suspension except the big ass tires on it, but unsure if that is enough to do light off road stuff. The warranty is a great factor as is the bosch motor. The bike is $3500 on clearance plus taxes.

3) Bulls E-Stream EVO FS 3 27.5 - This is a bike that I would be ordering from a dealer in NYC. There are zero dealers around me that carry this bike so I would be taking a chance on the warranty. This is NOT the Plus version with the bigger tires, but is still a great bike with great reviews. Its on clearance as well at $3100 but not taxes and 100 dollars delivery drop shipped from Bulls in Germany. I am concerned with the distance for warranty, but the price is pretty good.

So, that didn't help me... I still see the good and bad with each.

Any thoughts???