View Single Post
Old 08-06-17, 02:52 PM
deraileurloveur

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bikerider007
My understanding is mid nineties or later for LeColin but it's been a while. And built by him or maybe help from a son. One of them may chime in.

015 seems crazy thin for that size and is rarely seen. Some unique finds coming out of Az this week between this and the Gilmour Team bike.

For the BMX guys.

The guy I bought it from said that he met Mr. Laing and that he told them that he made it in 1978? Third hand information here, so who knows.

It is 64cm c-c seat tube and 58cm c-c top tube. Very odd design. In many ways it is quite similar to the old school measurements for riders, so 1978 for the frame doesn't seem that far off. Both dropouts have eyelets on them. Again, odd.

I'm 6'3 and the bike actually fits quite well. I think that is mainly because of the top tube length.

Time trial bike seems like the most likely explanation.

I'm leaning towards some clean white cloth bar tape and riding it. Saddle has already been switched out for a selle san marco.

What are the general thoughts on riding 015 as a 190lb rider? I'd take it on 20 mile rides at the most. It doesn't really ride that noodley.

The history of this bike is still very intriguing.