View Single Post
Old 08-09-17, 06:55 AM
andrei_r

Bikes: Giant FCR 3 with lots of mods, Brazilian made Caloi 100.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Ingy
Hi all! I'm a newbie to bikes, and I'm in the market for a hybrid primarily for getting around the city. I've done some research, and I think I want to go with a steel frame and I don't want to go above the low $500s price point.

The two bikes offered by the shops near me that fit those criteria are the Brooklyn Roebling and the Jamis Coda Sport. All else being equal, I would choose Jamis for the brand, but the I would really prefer to work with the shop that only carries the Roebling. I've tried to sort through the spec sheets to figure out if the Roebling is a significantly worse value than the Coda Sport, but I'm not too confident in my ability to effectively do this

I'd love to get some more knowledgeable folks' opinions - how do the components/frame of the Roebling stack up against those of the Coda Sport? Even if the Coda Sport is a better bike, would I be sacrificing too much quality if I went with the Roebling/my preferred shop?

Sorry, tried to post the links to the spec sheets but I don't have enough posts yet.
That Brooklyn looks like very good value. You're not losing much choosing it over the Jamis.

https://www.brooklynbicycleco.com/pr...nt=12284573441

codasport