Old 08-11-17, 03:51 PM
juvela

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3810 Post(s)
Liked 3,335 Times in 2,175 Posts
-----

Head emblem -

Heard back from my friend who owned the Geminiani I mentioned. He reminded me that it had an aluminum foil type head emblem affixed with adhesive so no help there.

In checking through my head emblems have not encountered any 48mm vertically arranged two-fastener ones as yet.

---

Chrome -

Would imagine frame had half chrome blades and stays ex-works. To determine if there was crown and headlug chrome without disturbing the respray you could remove the head cups and fork crown race so as to be able to examine their seats.

---

Serial and dating -

Ther serial number in the photo appears to 60(?)67, is that correct? Am unable to make sense of third character. It looks like it could be a letter L or the upper portion of a 4, or an upside down 7. Are you able to make sense of it? Sometimes it can help to lay a bit of paint into the markings to make them more legible.

The 60 and the 67 are both plausible dates. Would estimate that '67 is about the latest a manufacturer would have built a frame with a pump holder intended for the Ad Hoc head. Other heads were coming into widespread use by that time.

---

Have your explorations resulted in any new information regarding the frame?

Best wishes with it.

-----