Old 08-15-17, 07:24 AM
rccardr 
aka: Dr. Cannondale

Bikes: I'd rather not count how many, thank you

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1009 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
Not much to add here, we all had a most excellent adventure! Echoing thanks to IAB and Robbietunes for the great organizational efforts, as well as to Robbie's sister Kay and her husband for the amazing spread on Friday night. Our digs in Mineral Point couldn't have been better, again thanks to Robbie's connections in town.

Saturday morning came very quickly, after Friday's dinner and conversation. Our 6:30 start meant a lot of very low light on a virtually cloudless day, which required a lot of faith in those ahead of you as we hit speeds up to 45mph on the initial downhills, all without being able to see the road surface as clearly as one would like to.

Wound up riding much of the time with Ralph and his 14 speed IGH Anderson and Joe on his '72 Gitane. Met up with Randy and Kris at rest stop #2 in Mineral Point:

The scenery was pretty amazing, even if you're not a city boy. Mostly rolling farmland:

Interspersed with fields of corn:

More corn:

Soybeans:

And the ever popular corn-and-soy combination:

Others have mentioned riding past the Lands End HQ, but that spot was memorable for me as a place to sit for a moment with Schwinderella under a shady tree and massage a foot cramp:

Anyway, great time had by all. I'll be back!