KingCat
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bad Lag
Where do people ride in this area?

The bike path has become basically impassable, especially in Hermosa Beach where you have to dismount and walk your bike (on the bike path! ? ! ?).

Redondo isn't much better. The "no riding" section is shorter but the people on the path are totally out of control.

Is anyone working to remedy this problem? Manhattan Beach has a separate pedestrian pathway and that helps tremendously. Any plan for something similar in other parts of the South Bay?

Are there alternative routes that are bike friendly that avoid all this while still allowing for a work out?

I ride the bike path in that section almost every day. I disagree that's its become "impassable". The only section where a cyclist has to dismount is the short 100 yard section at the Hermosa pier but that's only during rare events during the summer and even then most people don't dismount. I have been riding through there for 30 years and I cant remember a time where I ever dismounted in that section.

The Redondo section only has one "dismount" section and that's also at the pier. The distance there is about 50 yards. I always dismount that section but only because that police department hates me and will give me a ticket but in 30 years of riding I have never seen anyone stopped or ticketed so.....you don't have to dismount.

As far as pedestrians and other users.....yes, it can be a problem during the day during the summer. I ride a lot at night but I have posted videos of idiot users that can present a hazard. Just don't ride 25mph on the path.

I am going out for a ride in about an hour and I will be riding the Redondo and Hermosa sections. Its a great place to ride and most definitely not impassable.