Thread: Can't go slow?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-17, 08:06 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,473 Times in 4,181 Posts
My problem is that i drop anyone im riding with. Cant help it, im just too good and apparently lack the ability to ride at any pace besides balls out fast.
Its a real problem.

Oh, and my other issue is that i constantly dunk in pickup basketball games at the gym. Heck, I could be playing PIG with my youngest kid and all i do is dunk. I cant help it, it cant possibly be stopped. Im too competitive apparently.

But is any of this really me fault?
Maybe its my riding partner's faults for being so slow. They should just get better.
Maybe its the middle aged ball player's faults for not being able to defend like Dikembe.
Maybe its my 6yo's fault for not being tall enough to match my dunks. If she were better, i wouldnt totally dominate every game of PIG.

Yeah, i know you mean- its a burden to be this great and not have the ability to change. Ironic really- being so good but not having ability.

Tips for going slower-
- ride in easy gearing. Spinning at 100rpm in 34/28 will tire you out and you will go 10mph.
- loosen your brakes. You will ride more cautiously. I bet you will somehow manage to find a way to ride slower even though you swear you cant!
- tighten your brakes. Opposite of the last, yet same result. Cant go fast with a bunch of resistance!
- just dont ride so fast. Despite saying it cant be done, it can be done.