Old 08-19-17, 08:35 AM
Kevindale

Bikes: 1980 Koga-Miyata Gentsluxe-S, 1998 Eddy Merckx Corsa 01, 1983 Tommasini Racing, 2012 Gulf Western CAAD10, 1980 Univega Gran Premio

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 600 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
I think the earliest Kestrel 200 SCis came with an aluminum fork, but I could be wrong. My biggest concern with this bike, for your usage, would tire clearance. I have one (with the CF EMS fork), and it can barely handle 25mm tires. When I get it built up I'll need to run 23mm tires on narrow, vintage rims. I suggest you look for a road bike that can take 28mm tires. Also, these are very well built frames, but if the bike falls on it's side and hits hard on the saddle, it can damage the seat tube if the seat post isn't fully seated down into the seat tube (this has been discussed in previous threads on this bike, which you can find if you search).

Basically, this is a great bike for fast rides. If you're thinking of getting it for that use, there are a couple of long previous threads on these bikes. Here's one, and here's mine. Lots of good info there.