Old 08-23-17, 08:33 AM
the sci guy 
bill nyecycles

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked 350 Times in 190 Posts
Originally Posted by rickyk76
Sci, I always imagine we're passing each other at THP on Saturdays or Sundays, as I think I see someone who looks kind of like the pictures you've posted in the past. How many are in your group and when are you riding? I'd like to get faster and know group rides would help (along with some HIIT which I never do).
Haha you probably have at some point!
We normally don't ride through THP as it's a tight fit and has too many pedestrians for a group. We ride for longer distances through GBP then out to the roads in Cinco Ranch and points south and west.
My "group" has been rag-tag for the past while - one had heart surgery, one was bitten by a feral cat and had possible blood-borne illness and also a cast, now she's back in Australia for like a month, the other is a not-as-strong rider on an old bike that needs some TLC - so I'm always looking for more folks to do 30-50 miles at about a 17-18 avg.

I've thought about joining the ride from Bicycle World on Memorial but I don't care for the shop and I'm not a super fast rider and I'd rather ride with friends and people I know.

I do ride through THP to and from work thought on days i bike commute to work.