View Single Post
Old 08-24-17, 06:10 PM
Daniel4

Bikes: Sekine 1979 ten speed racer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1481 Post(s)
Liked 639 Times in 437 Posts
I've read countless posts and threads about how many ways to properly violate traffic laws because each person has better judgement than everybody else.

Yes, there are those who tell you how to properly run a red light or a stop sign. There are others who tell you it's safe to ride ninja or salmon. And there are those who advocate sidewalk-riding. However, I don't think I've seen an advocate of one violation endorsing another. Ironic huh?

But they do all consistently criticise the obedience of traffic laws as blind faith without considering that traffic laws came about as a solution to a big problem: traffic fatalities.

If every one of us, motorist and cyclist alike, were to follow traffic laws faithfully, what would be the worse outcome? On the other hand, what would be the outcome if we all were to practice the advice of the red-light and stop-sign runners, the ninja riders, the salmoners, and the sidewalk riders?

The courts and hospitals are filled with people and their victims who think they have better judgement than everybody else.