Old 08-24-17, 08:00 PM
iab

Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1322 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by hodgykins View Post
Count me in for next year, and I think we are making a mistake if we leave now when the opportunity for us is at it height!

Thoughts?
I think you should ride whatever ride you wish. I would never suggest you should not do so. And you certainly have the location advantage, is there any reason for you not to do both rides?

But I will have to respectfully disagree it is an opportunity at its height. 2016 support quite frankly was crap compared to when I started this thread in 2012, which was pretty much par to the previous years I rode the Dare. And while I was unable to ride in 2017, there is nothing in the reports that said it got better from 2016, only worse. No water at a full rest stop? I remember they would provide multiple water stops in addition to the full service stops.

Yes, the area is great. Yes, the people at the stops are great. Yes, the vintage folks are great. But the fact of the matter is we have no control over the event. If the Dare wants to serve cold tough pizza and warm beer, it really detracts from the experience. I haven't heard of any decline in the BtB. Maybe I'm wrong.