Old 08-27-17, 01:32 AM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1063 Post(s)
Liked 771 Times in 499 Posts
Originally Posted by maallyn
Folks:

Sorry I was not clear. Here is what came down:

1. Family history (father and one of two brothers)
2. PSA 2 years ago was 6; two weeks ago is 25
3. Yes, I did kayaking, walking, gym, and biking withing days of PSA draw.
4. I biked to PSA draw; it was 2 mile flat bicycle ride from home to doctors office.

From you comments, it seems that it makes sense to stay off standard upright bicycle with narrow seat. What about a recombant or a split seat on my upright?

Barring that, what about walking?

I need to make clear that I have no car. This is my only form of transportation (walking/bicycling).

Also, when you say 2nd opinion on Biopsy results, do you mean 2nd biopsy or do I ask the urogolist to take two sets of samples, one for him and one to send to someone else? If so, who would I send it to? I don't know of anyone else in Bellingham? Would I send it to someone in Seattle? I am guessing Vancouver BC is out as it is in another country and insurance would laugh.

Thanks

Mark Allyn
What were your Gleason numbers???

Walking is fine. A thick padded bent seat is better than a diamond frame seat, HOWEVER, if a DF is all you have TO RIDE then the Hobson seat https://www.modernbike.com/hobson-original-easyseat is usable. NOTE--I have used the HOBSON.

A 3T mp MRI will show PCa location far better than a TRUS can and is more current than a 1.5T MRI

Last edited by OldTryGuy; 08-28-17 at 12:24 AM.