Old 08-27-17, 04:37 AM
Stormsedge

Bikes: 2017 Trek Domane SL6 Disc, 1990 Schwinn Crosscut Frankenroadbike, 2015 KHS Team 29 FS, 2000 Gary Fisher Tassajara--gone but not forgotten

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts
Mark, I had a biopsy followed by a radical prostatectomy 15 years ago at 46yo. Fine now, thanks. Ask your doctor remembering that the biopsy is invasive and your body needs time to heal. Your fitness and resiliency may suggest to you that you are good to go (mine did), but tell your doctor what you want to do for a guess of when to give it a try. Then, go easy until you are functioning normally (pain during certain activities and bloody seminal fluid reminded me I needed to wait a bit longer...LOL, oh yeah, an eye opener).

As for the biopsy itself...no biggie. Tell jokes to the assistant and remind the doctor that your tonsils are checked from the other end.

The actual treatments, if required, are different and better than when I had mine, so "the future so bright."
I liked and still have "The ABCs of Nutrition and Supplements for Prostate Cancer" by Moyad, recommended to me by the head of Urology at Balboa Naval Hospital. It gave me a solid starting place to weed through the diet and pill stories that we get bombarded with.

Someone else said it earlier...you'll likely go through some of the stages of grief (why me, why now) as you step through the diagnosis and, if required, treatment, but continue to live life. God bless.