Old 09-03-17, 05:53 AM
Motolegs

Bikes: General 80's MTB "Icebreaker", Motobecane Grand Jubilee (vintage mint), Trek 1.1, 2014 Motobecane Mirage (steel) Trek 3500 MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Two bike stores in my area, both carry major brands. One is a mixed bag. The owner and his family as well as their regular mechanics are top notch and will go above and beyond to make sure you are happy. During the busy season they hire college kids that range from enthusiastic and helpful to downright rude. I bring repairs that I cannot manage to them, knowing once I get past the cordon of "temps" that jump you when you walk in I'll be helped by interested parties.

The other bike shop is a mess. A friend bought a Bikes Direct bike and called them for a price on assembly and tuning, and was harangued for not buying locally. When pressed for a price he said "100, and it goes up from there." That's not the only bad story I have heard about it either. The brand they carry had me interested at one time, but their reputation is so bad I avoid the place. That's important- they must not realize word of mouth is vital to their business. One pissed off customer could be the tip of the iceberg for them.