Old 09-05-17, 03:48 PM
Jadesfire 

Bikes: '88 Bianchi, '94ish Trek

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1085 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by pdlamb

I told both my children, "If you're going to graduate school, write down why you want to go to grad school BEFORE YOU START. At some point, you're going to wonder, 'why am I here?' and having the answer written down will help you get through those times." Neither one did it, or even remembers me telling them (but my wife does!).

Lol. I lurk in this forum occasionally, but I've found this thread particularly interesting as it addresses issues I'm facing now. I'm the first one in my immediate family to go to grad school, so I didn't get any advice from them when I started. This would have been a great idea. What I did get was from a friend of mine with several advanced degrees- she told me, "Don't ever ask how much longer someone has before they finish their thesis. And, by the way, this is the only question you will be asked- even with the Master's program." She was right .

Great thread, BTW.