View Single Post
Old 09-05-17, 08:57 PM
sjanzeir
BF's Resident Dumbass

Bikes: 1990 Raleigh Flyer (size 21"); 2014 Trek 7.6 FX (size 15"); 2014 Trek 7.6 FX (size 17.5"); 2019 Dahon Mu D9; 2020 Dahon Hemingway D9

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
Liked 1,493 Times in 496 Posts
I just made my first action cam video!

First of all, I'd like to apologize if I broke any rules posting about this here; I didn't know where else to post about it.

So, I've been meaning to get into this whole action cam thing for a while now. So, last week, I finally traded my disused, like-new Canon Powershot S200 for a slightly used Polaroid Cube.

With no mounting accessories readily available, I struggled for ways to fasten the Cube to my person or to the bike at first. But then I decided to just finagle something from whatever I had lying around the house. I used a length of old tube and tied it around the holes on the top of my helmet, and used that to secure the camera. I slid a felt disk underneath for a more secure fit against the helmet's slippery smooth surface, and a piece of PVC pipe above the camera to keep the knot from accidentally pressing the control button:

So, here's my first action cam video ever. I hope you enjoy it. Any advice, comments, or pointers are much appreciated. Watch me get dropped like a rock at 29:00

Last edited by sjanzeir; 09-05-17 at 09:01 PM.