Old 09-06-17, 03:00 PM
badmother

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Be careful if you think your screws is too long. I once managed to destroy a front braze on thingy on a bike. It had the Dahon type lump in the front, two holes. I started screwing on a Klickfix thingy and the screws hit the head tube of the bike. Result was that the whole thing came off, it was glued not welded. Alu bike.

This made me worry about the strength of this mount on some frames. If the block you screw everything onto is glued to the bike it does not help much what weight limits are given to you from different luggage companys.

@ kayakindude: How did you overcome the problem with the three holes and why did you have to wrap plumbers tape? Was it becouse there was no threads in the third hole? Plse give us more detalils!

The big difference between this system and the Brompton system is that the B luggage block on a B frame the lump on the headtube goes innside the plastic luggage block- but not wery snug. Therefor it is possible for some of the weight of the bag to hang off the lump in the front- not just the screws. This should also provide some sideways stability.

On this system it is just hanging off the screws with no support from the lump or the head tube, but the screws are 6mm and on the B system the screws are 5mm.