View Single Post
Old 09-09-17, 05:09 AM
sjanzeir
BF's Resident Dumbass

Bikes: 1990 Raleigh Flyer (size 21"); 2014 Trek 7.6 FX (size 15"); 2014 Trek 7.6 FX (size 17.5"); 2019 Dahon Mu D9; 2020 Dahon Hemingway D9

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
Liked 1,493 Times in 496 Posts
Agreed. My mom is the only person that I know who sat down and watched the entire video! This kind of advice is what I needed, and is why I labeled it as a test video. Based on your great advice, I am going to reedit the video down to the highlights, hopefully bringing it down to well below 10 minutes.

As for old tubes, I never through that stuff away; there are virtually no limits to what one could use them for. I use an old tube to tie stuff down whenever I use my wife's 24" trike to get groceries or replace empty cooking gas cans. Just yesterday, one of the rubber rests at the bottom of my laptop went missing; I cat a pair of pieces of old tube to size, glued them together to get the right thickness, and glued them in place of the missing original.

By the way, is there any better/easier-to-use software than VideoPad? I've tried a few others and didn't feel comfortable using them. This is coming from someone who has a BA in TV production (but who never actually worked in the field.) My training on video editing in college was hardware-based, and mostly on prehistoric U-matic machines; by the time I graduated at Yarmouk University's College (Department in those days) of Journalism in the mid-1990s, we were barely getting a crack at Betacam. Most of my working experience was in print journalism.