Old 09-11-17, 12:32 PM
fantom1 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rowan
You know, churches do survive on donations from parishoners, and a lot of them are doing it tough with all the expectations that communities impose on them. I cannot imagine your other half being a charity case. Has he even bothered to offer back the amount paid for his accommodation to the church? Or has he just grabbed the opportunity and run?

I find there to be some sort of moral compromise. Do those advocating this follow the religion of those churches? Or is it just a case of easy hypocrisy?
Originally Posted by Machka
Well, I presume, you paid them back by giving them a gift, or donation to the church, or at least a "Thank You" card ... and/or passed on the kindness to another weary traveller.
Originally Posted by adablduya
so, your partner couldn't find a no-cost option (camping); instead of sucking it up and providing his own for-cost option he allowed it be paid for by someone else (after she exhausted all of HER resources ...) ? did he exhaust all of his ? why didn't he pay for his own hotel ?
Sweet fancy Moses, what on Earth happened to this forum? Waaaaaay too many people with their panties in a bunch. Seriously people, lighten up. Am I the only one that is surprised by this level of arrogant pretentiousness?

Last edited by fantom1; 09-11-17 at 12:46 PM.