View Single Post
Old 09-13-17, 11:03 AM
ptempel

Bikes: 2007 Ridley Excalibur, 2003 Orbea Orca, 199? Cannondale Headshock MTB hardtail

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Sir_Name
I've settled on jerky, almonds (and some chocolate when temps allow) for fuel on more challenging rides. A banana if you can carry it w/o turning to mush. Dried fruit is a good substitute if squishage is a concern. Big dinner night before, clean breakfast. YMMV.

Get some powdered stuff to add to water bottles toward the end of the ride. Replace those electrolytes. I like Skratch labs, plenty of other options as well. Get little single serving packets and bring more than you think you'll need - they don't weigh anything. ...rinse your bottles asap...
I recall reading that someone here liked eating guava paste on longer rides which I thought was a good choice. Maybe @Carbonfiberboy ? Only concern might be upset stomach from fructose so you'll have to test ride with it. Also @Dodge mentioned that he likes peanut butter packets like the Justin's ones:

https://www.amazon.com/Justins-Peanu...00E1XPY3A?th=1

I'd also try them. But banana and fig newtons use to be some of my old school go to foods.

Last edited by ptempel; 09-13-17 at 11:06 AM.