View Single Post
Old 09-13-17, 07:17 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10902 Post(s)
Liked 7,393 Times in 4,148 Posts
Originally Posted by dwmckee
As long as you are riding it, it still will be a Fuji. The Masi Giramondo and Jamis Renegade are both great steel gravel bikes at reasonable cost and no one is embarrassed to ride them... They have been around for a long time to and are not one of Fuji's endless iterations of models trying yet again to get it right. Just look back 3 years at what iterations Fuji has tried to throw on the market for a gravel bike, and all the while Jamis and Masi have been rock solid on enduring design and function for a top notch gravel bike at a reasonable price.

In 10 years with a Jamis or Masi you will still be loving it. After 2 years on the Fuji you will be wanting to trade it in for something better.
I dont own a current fuji(have one thats almost 3decades old) so i dont have a dog in this fight.

Thats a rough review of fuji to say the least.

- even if the brand's previous models were lacking to you, all that should matter is the current offerings. If the current offerings are good, then there is no downside to owning one.

- if you think fuji has offered poor gravel options in the last few years, id hate to hear how scorching your review is of Trek. Or Giant. Or Specialized.
I loathe Specialized, but can still admit that they have some solid options now(though fugly)...trek and giant apparently just arent trying.

Fuji is hardly unique if you found their previous versions lacking. And the current offerings are better than some big names.

Between proprietary components that will be dead technology soon and wonky stuff like model specific racks, lots of big names are screwing with consumers.
Fuji doesnt seem to be one thats doing such things.