View Single Post
Old 09-14-17, 05:39 PM
sdwphoto

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HGR3inOK
The Brompton wheels are designed in conjunction with their support pieces. Aftermarket wheels may result in forces on the support pieces for which the support pieces are not designed.

And, in the USA, putting after-market wheels on a car that don't conform to the manufacturer's specifications for wheels for that vehicle may void the manufacturer's warranty, especially on suspension parts that are not designed for the forces generated by the non-conforming wheels.

Let's be clear. Making a potentially warranty-voiding modification to any bicycle, and then undoing that modification in conjunction with making a warranty claim on the bicycle without disclosing that the bicycle had been modified. is, in almost every instance, dishonest.

-HANK RYAN-
Norman, Oklahoma USA
That's exactly what I was told when I bought my HR 6spd from a Brompton dealer 5years back when I asked about changing the EZ wheels to skate wheels .The reason is that the support
is for EZ wheels only, skate wheels are very wide/thick and put alot more pressure on the support when loaded like using a longer lever. I did try a pair of roller skate wheels and found them to be terrible even on
supermarket smooth floor ,they were a pain to try and steer.I went back to the EZ wheels and used them ever since.