View Single Post
Old 09-16-17, 11:26 AM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 229 Times in 181 Posts
It could well be he chose to ride one of his fast bikes like the M5 Carbon Highracer M5 Carbon High Racer review ? Dave McCraw. There would be few other riders at the rally who could match the speed of this bike and that makes riding together and having a conversation difficult. The last time I went on an organized charity ride I was riding my Greenspeed GTO with a guy who was riding a 20 pound road bike. He left me in the dust at the beginning of the ride and as usual most of the road bike riders did too. I was so bummed out by the experience that when I finally caught up to him a few miles into the ride at the first rest stop I told him that the ride was over for me and that I was turning around and going back to the starting point to get my car. Our speeds were just too incompatible. I'd consider another rally where there were other trike riders but never again one of these mostly DF rides.