gugie 
Bike Butcher of Portland

Bikes: It's complicated.

Mentioned: 1299 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4680 Post(s)
Liked 5,798 Times in 2,283 Posts
7 showed, 7 finished. Sucessful Day.

Well, Andy spun his french threaded bottom bracket off, I almost killed the caveman by stopping short, and @PortlandEddie just about cramped up on the ride after his trainer made him do 150 squats yesterday.

But beer cures all.

Some pix:

The Caveman shows his strength by curling my bike. Next week he'll move up to curling my bike with the front wheel in place. @Dfrost hides his face in shame.

@Insidious C. attempts a bridge

The Seattle Gang @andy Antipas, @Dfrost, @Lascauxcaveman) drove up the day before to @Andy_K's place, we drove 2 pickups and a car up to Vernonia, left the pickups off behind the Black Iron Grill, then drove back in the car. That allowed us to ride up to Vernonia, and pack the bikes in the back of the pickups to drive back. We did a 50 mile ride, 25 of it on the Banks-Vernonia rail to trail trail.

The reward:

Loading up for the return drive:

I think it was the first 50 miler for PortlandEddie, he did just fine. I think his new cycling shorts kept his nether regions from catching fire; at least he wasn't complaining about it.

I'm sure The Caveman will post many more pix tomorrow when gets back to his cave, he kept flying ahead to get action shots of the rest of us riding by. As we get further in to Vernonia, smoke from the various fires in Oregion started to mess with the sky. It wasn't nearly as bad as we had experienced in the last few weeks, but a bright, clear day it wasn't. No matter, the beer and burgers were just as good.