View Single Post
Old 09-17-17, 04:25 PM
DaveQ24

Bikes: Enough plus 1

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Coming from Metro Detroit, I "should" love cars. Nope. I want comfortable reliable with current, but not necesarily, state of the art tech. And I'm brand-loyal. Chevy. Maybe a GMC if I can't find it in a Chevy, since many of their SUV and truck models are co-branded between the two nameplates.

I want it to start when I turn the key, especially in February when the air temp is -19 F. I want a reasonable chance of getting safely from A to B when the roads are terrible during a winter storm. I want the seat to be comfortable and heat and AC reasonably fast.

Otherwise ... meh. Just no appeal to me for an expensive flashy car.

Bikes are different to me. The tech intrigues me, but the potential I see in myself, or at least hope I do, is what inspires me about cycling. It's symbolic of my determination for a better life. A big part of that is at least maintaining, if not improving, my health. No auto can contribute to that - well, I guess I could put it in N in my driveway and muscle it back and forth pushing or pulling like the Prowler training sled at the gym.