Old 09-19-17, 06:27 AM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 2,079 Posts
Originally Posted by amedias
Hi guys, sorry to dig up a slightly old thread but I'm a new member and was drawn here as trying to find out more info about the older US Treks (for a 650B conversion), I'm in England and we just don't have access to the older Treks like you do but stumbled on this thread in my search as 'Sports Tourers' are exactly my kind of bike, over here they're pretty synonymous with 'Audax' bikes though.

I'll post a few of my machines up a bit later as I think they fit your definition, a Singular Osprey, a Mercian Audax, a Mercian Classic/Olympic, and a Mercian King of Mercia, although that one has cantis it's 531c and definitely more Audax/ST geometry but cantis for bigger tyre clearance.
Originally Posted by beicster
I can't speak for everyone, but I love it when someone brings up an old thread. It gives me a chance to read them as I am relatively new around here.
Not really an older thread as this is periodically updated with new content. Agreed that a sports touring is an audax bike. Older racing bikes are basically sports touring/audax bikes as well as they had eyelets and had sufficient room for a 28c tire and a fender. Looking forward to seeing the pics.