Old 09-22-17, 04:46 PM
SoreFeet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
MTB slicks :) Yeah...probably gonna be sweet

I just ordered a set of Michelin slicks...21$ a pop...so hope they work good. I was going to get the more premium light weight model but I figured the standard is good.

1.4 size...I thought that was interesting. I am sure they will work on my older rims, but I wonder if a 2 inch slick would have been better.

Listed weight is 420A$ grams...which is lighter than most mtb tires.

I can't wait to mount them and ride them. I honestly think overized mtb tires and steel tubing is on another level of comfort for affordable vintage bikes.
I
My Centurion with Tange #1 it's a bone shaker compared to the True Temper OX tubing on the old Fisher frame.

So far I think drop bar MTB conversions are a perfect balance of steel frame comfort and stiffness. It's certainly less flexy than the Tange bike...but that has nothing to do with quality...it's simply a matter of design.

I like the weight penalty in exchange for comfort... Why didn't I do this sooner? I can now ride 20 miles with good comfort, much less back problems and the top tube stem combo is nearly identical in lengths to the road bike frame.

I think it's the tire diamter. It's awesome...can't wait to rock the slicks this weekend.